For Immediate Release—April 14, 2010
Driver: Alex Tagliani
Entry: No. 77 La Capsule Sportive/Adonis Products FAZZT Race Team Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Event/Track: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach, CA, Temporary Street Circuit
Event Date: Sunday, April 18, 2010 3:30 p.m. ET on VERSUS, IMS Radio Network, XM Radio 145 and SIRIUS Radio 211 and 5:00 p.m. ET on TSN 2
Race 4 of 17
No. 77 LaCapsule Sportive/Adonis Products FAZZT Race Team News and Notes
- Tagliani is currently in 13th the points standings with 60 points
- 2010 is Tagliani’s first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing
- Tagliani started 9th and finished 10th in last year’s Long Beach event while driving for Conquest Racing.
- In previous Long Beach race events Tagliani’s best start was 2nd in 2008 in a co-run event with Indy Racing League and the Champ Car World Series and his best finish was 3rd in 2006 racing in the Champ Car World Series.
|Sao Paulo, Brazil||2nd||19th||28 of 61||Contact||12||19th|
|St. Petersburg, Florida||8th||6th||100 of 100||Running||28||13th|
|Barber, Alabama||21st||10th||90 of 90||Running||20||13th|
Alex Tagliani on the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach:
“I’m looking forward to going back to Long Beach. The weekend will start with the pit stop competition on Hollywood Boulevard on Thursday night with the FAZZT Boys and it will be really fun but also put us in the mood for competition and get us ready for race weekend. The race track at Long Beach is a really fun track to drive. The entire event is very well put together and the weekend is always great. With the history and all of the action it is fun for everyone, the crew, the driver, the sponsors and everyone is always excited for Long Beach. Since the beginning of the season we’ve been doing quite well and the team is still respecting the plan we put forth at the beginning of the season which was to finish well, score points and stay consistent. Long Beach will be a track that we have a lot of experience at and I’m looking forward to getting there and getting out on the track and hopefully we will have our best result of the year.”
- The course is a 1.968 mile, 11-turn temporary street course.
- This is the 2nd IZOD IndyCar Race at Long Beach. Dario Franchitti won last year’s event.
About FAZZT Race Team: The FAZZT Race Team was formed in July 2009 as a partnership between Andre Azzi of the Azzi Race Division, ATG, and Jim Freudenberg and Jason Priestley of the Rubicon Sports Agency. The team fields a full-time IndyCar Series team that made its debut at the season opening event in Sao Paulo. The team has four Dallara chassis and has signed Canadian driver Alex Tagliani to drive the #77 entry. Andre Azzi, a Montreal based entrepreneur, is the teams’ Chief Executive Officer and motorsports veteran Jim Freudenberg is the teams’ Chief Operating Officer. The team is housed in a 25,000 ft. race shop on the north side of Indianapolis with a second facility that will house their Research and Design division in Montreal. For more information, go to www.FAZZTRaceTeam.com.
Media contact: Jana Watt
FAZZT Race Team
(317) 709-3855 or email@example.com