Speed (4 lap average) : 212.526 mph
Pole Winner/Speed: Ryan Briscoe/215.273 mph
*Media Note: There will be one final practice held this evening from 8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. ET
No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Team News and Notes
• In 2009 Tagliani made his first IZOD IndyCar Series start at Texas. He started 13th and finished 14th.
• Tagliani has made 33 oval starts in his career with a best finish of 2nd at Twin Ring Motegi, Japan in 2002.
• Tagliani has scored 3 pole positions on oval tracks during his career; Brazil in 2000; Fontana, CA in 2001 and Milwaukee in 2003.
• In the past five seasons (since 2005) Tagliani has only raced in eight oval events.
• Tagliani is currently in 11th place in the points standings with 126 points
• 2010 is Tagliani’s first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing.
Event Start Finish Laps Completed Status Points Standings
Sao Paulo, Brazil 2nd 19th 28 of 61 Contact 12 19th
St. Petersburg, FL 8th 6th 100 of 100 Running 28 13th
Barber Motorsports Park, Al 21st 10th 90 of 90 Running 20 13th
Long Beach Grand Prix, CA 7th 21st 65 of 85 Contact 12 14th
Kansas Speedway 5th 8th 199 of 200 Running 24 12th
Indianapolis Motor Speedway 5th 10th 200 of 200 Running 30 11th
Alex Tagliani on the Firestone 550K Qualifying:
“It’s just a shame because I think the car is pretty good but somehow we can’t find the speed. We’re going to keep looking until the warm up tonight and see if we can find some speed. We didn’t have the speed today and couldn’t really draft or pass in practice this afternoon.
In our qualifying we were flat all the way around and that was all we had so that is disappointing. But we’re going to continue to work hard and not throw in the towel. We will work tonight to sort some things out and see if we can improve the car and find extra speed. We’ll look at everything and see if there is something little wrong that is just flying under the radar and if we can find it, then we should be alright in the race tomorrow.”
Rob Edwards, team Chief Operating Officer, on the Firestone 550K Qualifying:
“Today is obviously disappointing as this is not what we’ve been used to this year. Just like Barber where we didn’t qualify well we are hoping to come back strong in the race. We’ll make sure we stay out of trouble back there and try to move our way to the front.”
• The course is a 1.5 mile oval.
• This is the third oval race of the 2010 season. This oval race marks the third in the series Oval Championship which was announced earlier this season by the IZOD IndyCar Series.
• The Series Championship is now divided into an Oval Championship, Road/Street Course Championship and Series Overall Championship. Using the current championship points system, the highest-scoring oval and road/street drivers will be crowned champion of their respective racing discipline. The road title will culminate on Aug. 22 at Infineon Raceway, while the oval contest will conclude Sept. 19 at Twin Ring Motegi. The Oct. 2 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be reserved to honor the overall IZOD IndyCar Series champion.
Media contact: Jana Watt
FAZZT Race Team
(317) 709-3855 or firstname.lastname@example.org