For Immediate Release—April 28, 2010
Driver: Alex Tagliani
Entry: No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Team Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Event/Track: Road Runner Turbo Indy 300, Kansas City, Kansas, 1.5 Mile Oval
Event Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010 1:30 p.m. ET on ABC, IMS Radio Network, XM Radio 145 and SIRIUS Radio 211 and live at 1:30 p.m. ET on TSN
Race 5 of 17
No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Team News and Notes
- Tagliani is currently in 14th the points standings with 72 points
- 2010 is Tagliani’s first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing
- This will be Tagliani’s first event at Kansas Speedway.
- Tagliani has made 31 oval starts in his career with a best finish of 2nd at Twin Ring Motegi in 2002.
- Tagliani has scored 3 pole positions on oval tracks during his career; Brazil in 2000; Fontana in 2001 and Milwaukee in 2003.
- In the past five seasons (since 2005) Tagliani has only raced in six oval events.
|Sao Paulo, Brazil||2nd||19th||28 of 61||Contact||12||19th|
|St. Petersburg, Florida||8th||6th||100 of 100||Running||28||13th|
|Barber, Alabama||21st||10th||90 of 90||Running||20||13th|
|Long Beach Grand Prix||7th||21st||65 of 85||Contact||12||14th|
Alex Tagliani on the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:
“Well, even though I’m very nervous coming into the oval section of the season I still feel a bit of confidence because we had a really good pre-season test on the oval at Homestead. And I think it’s going to be just like when we showed up at Brazil. Even though we had tested on the road courses, we didn’t know when we got to the track where we would fall in with the competition and we were very, very nervous. But we showed up there and bang! Front row qualifying. So the hard part in the ovals will be not knowing where we are against the competition but we will show up and see where we stand. But I know that the entire FAZZT Race Team has been doing work behind the scenes to get ready for the ovals so I think we will be in good shape. One of the hard parts for me is that I don’t know this track at all. So things will move fast this weekend with practice, qualifying and the race in two days. But I have confidence in my team and know that we have done our homework for the ovals and like all tests, I can’t wait.”
- The course is a 1.5 mile, D-shaped, intermediate oval.
- This is the 10th IZOD IndyCar Race at Kansas Speedway.
- This is the first oval race of the 2010 season. This oval race marks the first in the series Oval Championship which was announced this week by the IZOD IndyCar Series.
- The Series Championship is now divided into an Oval Championship, Road/Street Course Championship and Series Overall Championship. Using the current championship points system, the highest-scoring oval and road/street drivers will be crowned champion of their respective racing discipline. The road title will culminate on Aug. 22 at Infineon Raceway, while the oval contest will conclude Sept. 19 at Twin Ring Motegi. The Oct. 2 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be reserved to honor the overall IZOD IndyCar Series champion.
- Friday Practice: 11:00 to 12:00 pm & 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET
- Friday Qualifying: 5:00 to 6:30 pm ET
- Saturday race: 200 laps for 483 km (miles) with the green flag at 2:00 pm ET
- Scott Dixon won last year’s Kansas race
- Dan Wheldon is the only two-time IndyCar winner at Kansas (2007 & 2008)
About FAZZT Race Team: The FAZZT Race Team was formed in July 2009 as a partnership between Andre Azzi of the Azzi Race Division, ATG, and Jim Freudenberg and Jason Priestley of the Rubicon Sports Agency. The team fields a full-time IndyCar Series team that made its debut at the season opening event in Sao Paulo. The team has four Dallara chassis and has signed Canadian driver Alex Tagliani to drive the #77 entry. Andre Azzi, a Montreal based entrepreneur, is the teams’ Chief Executive Officer and motorsports veteran Jim Freudenberg is the teams’ Chief Operating Officer. The team is housed in a 25,000 ft. race shop on the north side of Indianapolis with a second facility that will house their Research and Design division in Montreal. For more information, go to www.FAZZTRaceTeam.com.
Media contact: Jana Watt
FAZZT Race Team
(317) 709-3855 or firstname.lastname@example.org