Laps: 248 of 250
No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Notes:
• Alex started the race in 6th position and held his position through the first yellow.
• Alex dropped to 12th position by lap 26 and remained in that range throughout the race.
• Today was Alex’s first start at the Iowa Speedway.
• Tagliani has made 35 oval starts in his career with a best finish of 2nd at Twin Ring Motegi, Japan in 2002.
• 2010 is Tagliani’s first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing.
Alex Tagliani on the Iowa Corn Indy 250:
“Well, it was exactly what I was saying yesterday that the biggest challenge in today’s race was going to be getting the car consistent over the full run. We started the race consistent but as the runs went on the balance of the car went away and we picked up understeer. In the first stop we made a tire pressure adjustment and it helped for a while but then the balance would go away again.
That was the biggest downfall of the whole race. So we were continually chasing the car and the balance today. This is a difficult track because as you try to adjust the balance you start to lose in other areas and you just keep dropping back. I do feel like we learned a little bit today about what the car needs so we will take that information and put it in our file for next year. Now we will look forward to getting back on track at Watkins Glen.”
Rob Edwards on the Iowa Corn Indy 250:
“It was a long day but it was great that we got the race in today with the forecast having been at a 70% chance of rain. I was told before I came today that the fans come out in force for this event at Iowa and they definitely did today. For ourselves, we learned a lot that will benefit us when we come back to Iowa next year and will also help for the remaining ovals this season. My message to Alex and the team before every race is to maximize their efforts and get as many points as we can and we got valuable points today for the championship. Now we’re looking forward to getting back to the shop and getting to work on the cars for the upcoming road course portion of the season.”
• The course is a .875 mile oval where 66% of the lap is spent turning.
• There were 20 lead changes among nine different leaders in today’s event.
• This is the fourth IZOD IndyCar Series race at Iowa Speedway
• This oval race marks the fourth in the series Oval Championship which was announced earlier this season by the IZOD IndyCar Series.
• The Series Championship is now divided into an Oval Championship, Road/Street Course Championship and Series Overall Championship. Using the current championship points system, the highest-scoring oval and road/street drivers will be crowned champion of their respective racing discipline. The road title will culminate on Aug. 22 at Infineon Raceway, while the oval contest will conclude Sept. 19 at Twin Ring Motegi. The Oct. 2 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be reserved to honor the overall IZOD IndyCar Series champion.
Media contact: Jana Watt
FAZZT Race Team
(317) 709-3855 or email@example.com