Driver: Alex Tagliani
Entry: No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Team Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Event/Track: Camping World Grand Prix, Watkins Glen International, 3.4 mile Road Course
Event Date: Race– Sunday, July 4
Race 9 of 17
Laps: 60 of 60
Race Winner: Will Power, Team Penske
No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Team News and Notes
• Fuel strategy was the key in today’s race. The team brought Alex in for his first stop on lap 5 in the hopes that an alternate strategy would play in their favor.
• The strategy appeared to benefit Alex when he moved to third place for the middle stint of the race due to the pit strategy the team employed with their early race stop.
• A yellow on lap 38 set the team up for their final stop on lap 41. Alex pitted in 13th position and exited in 15th but dropped to 18th at the races restart on lap 43.
• Alex regained one position in the final 17 laps to finish the race in 17th position.
• This was Tagliani’s first race at Watkins Glen International.
• 2010 is Tagliani’s first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing.
Alex Tagliani on the Camping World Grand Prix Race:
“Today was a tough day. We haven’t had our best weekend and the entire FAZZT team were hoping that we could pull out a good result with race strategy but that just didn’t happen. Rob (Edwards) and the guys tried to do their magic but when the yellow came out (on lap 38), we were just done. At that point, I just tried to keep out and gain some positions and gain some points to help us gain in the Championship hunt. I’m looking forward to the next races in Canada and I know we will recover and come back strong in Toronto.”
Rob Edwards on the Camping World Grand Prix Race:
“This was not our best weekend this year. We tried something with the strategy and in the middle of the race it looked like it might yield something for us but the 2nd yellow of the race came on absolutely the worst lap for our strategy. After that it was just about running the race to the end and picking up what points we could.”
• The course is a .3.4 mile natural terrain road course.
• This is the sixth IZOD IndyCar Series race at Watkins Glen International.
• This is the fifth road/street course race of the 2010 season.
• The Series Championship is now divided into an Oval Championship, Road/Street Course Championship and Series Overall Championship. Using the current championship points system, the highest-scoring oval and road/street drivers will be crowned champion of their respective racing discipline. The road title will culminate on Aug. 22 at Infineon Raceway, while the oval contest will conclude Sept. 19 at Twin Ring Motegi. The Oct. 2 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be reserved to honor the overall IZOD IndyCar Series champion.
Media contact: Jana Watt
FAZZT Race Team
(317) 709-3855 or email@example.com