Time/Speed: 1:34.2046/128.784 mph
Fast Driver/Time/Speed of the Day: Ryan Briscoe/1:31.4142/132.714 mph
No. 77 Bowers and Wilkins FAZZT Race Team News and Notes
• This will be Tagliani’s first race at Watkins Glen International.
• Tagliani is currently in 13th place in the points standings with 156 points
• 2010 is Tagliani’s first full IndyCar Series season and his 10th season of open wheel racing.
Alex Tagliani on the Camping World Grand Prix Practice:
“I don’t want to judge the results on today as we will be much better tomorrow. We were trying new things on the car and getting laps for me around the track to get to know it and to get an idea of what I want. There were very few laps for me to get used to the track and to see what the car liked at this track but that is okay.
We have some very good data to look at tonight and there were a couple of things to modify where we went for it and it didn’t work. Another big part is also for me, getting into a rhythm around the track and getting used to the track. Tomorrow should be a much better day and we will attack it with confidence. It’s always good to sleep on it and start again tomorrow. It was a shame the weather kept us from testing here, as that made today our test day but that’s ok, we can manage to recover. We’ll have a much better day tomorrow for sure.”
Rob Edwards on the Camping World Grand Prix Practice:
“Unfortunately we came up here to test a few weeks ago and the weather prevented that from happening so this afternoon was spent more like a test session for us. It was the first time around this track for Alex, his first time here in an IndyCar, or any race car for that matter, so today was our test day to get a baseline and for Alex to get a baseline on the track. We tried quite a few things so we’ll go back and look at the data tonight and get ready for tomorrow.”
• The course is a .3.4 mile natural terrain road course.
• Practice resumes at 9:05 a.m. ET, with Qualifying to follow at 1:15 p.m. ET.
• Justin Wilson is the defending race winner.
• This is the sixth IZOD IndyCar Series race at Watkins Glen International.
• This is the fifth road/street course race of the 2010 season.
• The Series Championship is now divided into an Oval Championship, Road/Street Course Championship and Series Overall Championship. Using the current championship points system, the highest-scoring oval and road/street drivers will be crowned champion of their respective racing discipline. The road title will culminate on Aug. 22 at Infineon Raceway, while the oval contest will conclude Sept. 19 at Twin Ring Motegi. The Oct. 2 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway will be reserved to honor the overall IZOD IndyCar Series champion.
Media contact: Jana Watt
FAZZT Race Team
(317) 709-3855 or email@example.com